Tuesday 15 January 2013

Kinky Tikki: Flying Lessons


SFF had jetted off back home, and I wasn’t allowed back in the clubs without some sort of “chaperone” to care for the non-Japanese-speaking, wide-eyed new girl. I asked him for names of people who might oblige… 

So there I was again, waiting on a street corner for a random French guy. Of course he was late. When he finally arrived he was tall, fairly handsome and obviously French. He bent, in courtly fashion, over my hand for one suspended minute of formality, then began talking ten to the dozen and haring off up the hill towards the club where he taught Kinbaku classes. 

Again, I was whisked in, signed up and taken upstairs in seconds flat, and soon found myself sitting in a quiet room with white silk walls and low, padded sofas, 50s music playing in the background, a small rope stage with tatami matting and crossbeams for suspension points, one corner of the room displaying various beautifully tied chest harnesses on plastic models, many of them signed by the greats of the rope world, piles of practice rope heaped at the edges. It was small and a little tatty, but the atmosphere was soothing and focused and some people were already seated cross-legged on the floor, learning basic knots from the other sensei.

The first part of the lesson was fairly uneventful. I was fully clothed, and several of the learner guys tried out chest harnesses on me. I loved the feel of the rope, but I didn’t slip into any kind of a state of bliss – they were too awkward and fumbling, bending almost concaved whilst tying me in order not to touch me unnecessarily. They hadn’t got over their Japanese discomfort with touching strangers yet. They reacted with wide-eyed “this is too good to be true” disbelief every time they were told they could practise on me, and only a few dared flirt a little through the rope.

At one point Chatty Frenchie used me to show them how a chest harness should be done. He was strong, tactile and dominant, holding me by the throat, pressing the rope against me and pushing me around, yet at the same time his movements were precise, almost mathematical. I let myself start to slip into that trancey state that rope takes me to so easily… and then I was interrupted by a loud round of applause, and came back to myself. “Sorry,” CF whispered in my ear “but it is a lesson.” Then they all came up to prod me and check the tension of the ropes that sensei had just done. I was a human package.

About 4 hours later, I finally took a break and went downstairs for a coke. No alcohol, because under school rules, nobody who’s had alcohol is allowed near rope. I was tired, my right shoulder was aching from being forced behind me for several hours, and even the other sensei was impressed by how many times I’d been tied. Of course, this was when CF chose to suggest my first suspension. Of course, I accepted instantly.

It was a simple suspension, one that CF later said he uses whenever he suspends a new model for the first time, because the stress on the body is evenly placed and it’s straightforward to get in and out of. First a chest harness, then a harness around my hips, both tied into the suspension point, then he lifted up first one leg then the other, so I was fully suspended from the ceiling, face down, spinning and rocking in the air. He checked I was ok from time to time, but otherwise was as dominant and efficient as ever.

I had slipped into that relaxed rope state that comes to me so easily within the time it had taken to tie the chest harness, so I was mentally elsewhere, in flow, more connected to myself physically and yet at the same time better able to bear pain and discomfort. Still, I registered surprise at how much strain I felt at being lifted, and I had to get him to adjust the ropes around my hips so they didn’t pinch. Imagine a pinch with your entire body weight behind it. Yeah, ouch. But other than that I let myself drift, allowed it to hurt, felt that feeling of my own weight disconnected from the ground, let go and gave in to myself turning in the air. When it was over, I was exhausted but all glowy, and I still wanted more. I always do, it seems.

I’ve been back several times since, and I learn something each time, about how to stay safe, or comfortable, or the language for the things that I’m doing. I learn as much as the students do, and of course I get the feeling of that rope against my skin, no matter how nervous the student may be. I’d love to teach them a little about how to touch a woman. Maybe when I know more Japanese…

No comments:

Post a Comment